Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day!

This election has been very eye-opening for me. Before this election I was not a part of politics at all, not only because I was not of voting age, but also because I simply had no interest in the subject. Through my college experience and this blog, I have been able to develop my own views and become opinionated as well as informed about issues in today's politics.
Throughout this blog project I have immersed myself into the political world, reading classmates blogs along with checking up on the news (reading the newspaper and paying attention to what it going on around me). Now that I have become more informed and educated on issues I feel more a part of society and the voting population. This election has definitely played a bigger role in my life than any past election, and is an exciting thought for new beginnings. Whether the candidate of my choice one or not doesn't change the fact that I have grown in my citizenship and am excited to learn what will happen next!

1 comment:

Ivan Kweku said...

Good attitude! I do have to agree that this election year has been very important to me because i actually understand a bit about how politics works now. The fact that i can vote now also adds to the excitement but i believe that this election has opened people's eyes to the fact that Every Vote counts...